Employment & Internship Opportunities
Employment Opportunities at the Maryland Chamber of Commerce
Internships at the Maryland Chamber of Commerce
If you are interested in any of the internship opportunities below, contact Elizabeth Sothoron at email@example.com.
Area of Focus: Event Planning and Promotion
Position Dates: Flexible
Hours: 2-3 days a week, 17-22 hours per week. Flexible.
Prerequisites: Student currently enrolled in a baccalaureate or graduate level program in marketing, communications, business, hospitality management or other related field.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct research, make site visits (with Chamber staff), and find resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities
- Assist in identifying event opportunities and generating interest
- Works closely with other staff members in promoting Chamber events to target audiences
- Assists in preparing a variety of publications, materials, and programs for events
- Assists in maintaining the Chamber website ensuring that event and program updates are made on a timely basis
- Attends signature events
- Assists on the “day of” in set-up, preparation, hosting registration table and troubleshooting
- May be asked to assist with social media, pre-and post-event coverage
- Assist with event registration
- Aid in database management
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading skills, and speaking
- Excellent organization skills and experience with project management
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and volunteers
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality