Chamber Board Re-Elects Officers, Appoints New Board Members
The Maryland Chamber’s board of directors re-elected its officers for a second one-year term and appointed several new members to the board. The Chamber’s officers include:
- Chairman: Thomas H. Graham of Pepco Holdings, Inc.
- Vice Chair: Sheela Murthy of Murthy Law Firm
- Secretary Treasurer: Nathan Beil, PE of KCI Technologies, Inc.
- Counsel: Elizabeth Torphy Donzella, Esq. of Shawe Rosenthal LLP
- President-Elect: Brien Poffenberger
Stephen J. Woerner, PE, President & COO of Baltimore Gas and Electric Company, was appointed to the Maryland Chamber’s Executive Committee to replace the retiring John McCormick of McCormick & Company. Woerner has been a member of the Chamber’s Board since 2010. He is the C0-Chair of the Maryland Chamber’s Baltimore City/Baltimore County Regional Council.
New appointments to the Chamber’s Board of Directors include:
- Michael Dl Torto, MD of Easton Dermatology Associates, Inc. representing the Talbot County Chamber.
- Sandy Fitzgerald-Angello of Pohanka Automotive Group, representing the Salisbury Area Chamber.
- Steve Forthuber of RadNet, Inc.
- Julie Garner of AstraZeneca, representing the Montgomery County Chamber.
- Brian Gaudet of Battelle National Biodefense Institute, representing the Frederick County Chamber.
- V. Stephen Hazan of Bank of America.
- Robert Malone of Volunteers of America, Chesapeake.
- Paul Nolan of McCormick & Company, Inc.
- Brian Regan of Capital One.
- Judith Schaefer of Express Connect, representing the Baltimore City Chamber.
- Emmitt Smith of Wells Fargo.
- Robin Sommer of Images of Sommer, representing the Harford County Chamber.
- William Scarafia of the St. Mary’s County Chamber, representing the Maryland Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives.