Thank you for joining us for a day full of updates and insights from policy experts, members of Maryland’s congressional delegation and top business leaders on Capitol Hill!
Explore photos from our day on Capitol Hill
VIEW ALL PHOTOS FROM THE EVENT
Throughout the day, we heard from members of Maryland’s congressional delegation, including:
- Senator Ben Cardin, senior United States senator from Maryland
- Senator Chris Van Hollen, United States senator from Maryland
- Congressman Hoyer, U.S. representative for Maryland’s 5th congressional district
- Congressman Ivey, U.S. representative for Maryland’s 4th congressional district
We also learned from experts including:
- Ayodele Okeowo, CHIPS Intergovernmental Affairs Director, U.S., CHIPS Program Office, U.S. Department of Commerce who provided an overview of the The CHIPS and Science Act, which provides $52.7 billion for American semiconductor research, development, manufacturing, and workforce development.
- Members of our Regional Collaboration and Partnerships Panel, who discussed the importance of collaboration and partnership in tackling some of our region’s most pressing issues, including transportation, workforce development, and programs to help support our business community.
- Pothik Chatterjee, Chief Economic Officer at Greater Baltimore Committee
- Kathy Hollinger, CEO at Greater Washington Partnership
- Jack McDougle, CEO, Greater Washington Board of Trade
- Ron Eidshaug, Vice President and Chief of Staff, Government Affairs, U.S. Chamber of Commerce, who shared updates on issues the U.S. Chamber of Commerce is monitoring and working on, and insights on discussions happening in Congress.
- Members of our AI: Transforming Businesses in the Digital Age Panel, who shared insights into the power of AI, along with the issues and regulations that businesses and policymakers need to keep in mind as AI becomes more integrated into our daily lives and business operations.
- Omid Ghaffari-Tabrizi, Head of U.S. Federal Civilian Policy at Google
- Joshua Jackson, Federal Cybersecurity Sales Specialist at Cisco and founding board member of the AI Association
- Julie Saltman, CEO and co-founder of Standd
Thank you to our sponsors: