Our members, in the news
Maryland Chamber of Commerce members are in the news every day making great strides. Here’s a look at what they have been up to over the past few weeks. We congratulate them on their accomplishments!
University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- The UMBC Training Center has partnered with the 780th Military Intelligence Brigade (Cyber) to design a Tool Developers Qualification course for Army programmers. It is an 11-month program that consists of classroom training and interactive projects. Click here to read more about this partnership.
- Emergent BioSolutions is buying vaccine maker, PaxVax, for $270 million. This acquisition will add the cholera and typhoid vaccines to its arsenal. Click here for more on the expansion.
- Lockheed Martin will produce High Mobility Artillery Rocket System launchers for the U.S. Army through a new procurement deal for a $218M contract. Click here for more details.
- Lockheed Martin made headlines with another contract win, this time from the U.S. Air Force. It is to design a hypersonic weapon prototype, which military officials deem a top priority. Click here to read more.
Johns Hopkins University
- Johns Hopkins University nabbed a grant to lead a $30 million, five-year multi-university research project. They will work together with other schools, including Maryland Chamber member Morgan State University, to educate and train the future science and technology workforce. Click here to learn more about this collaboration.
Stanley Black & Decker
- Stanley Black & Decker hosted the relaunch of the Craftsman tools brand in Baltimore last week, which has been dubbed the “new home of Craftsman.” The launch included a first look at the new products the company will be rolling out. For more on this, click here.
Allegis Group, Inc., Whiting-Turner Contracting Co., DLA Piper and Bozzuto Group
- Four Maryland Chamber members were named in the top private companies in Greater Baltimore. Click here to check out the entire list.
Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Johns Hopkins Hospital is once again one of the top hospitals in the nation. U.S. News & World Report ranked them the third best hospital in the country for the second year in a row. Click here for the full story and to check out the competition.