From rails to air, the Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport MARC stop will be getting a complete makeover.
Our members, in the news
Maryland Chamber of Commerce members are in the news every day making great strides. Here’s a look at what they have been up to over the past few weeks. We congratulate them on their accomplishments!
CBRE Group, Inc.
- Commercial real estate firm, CBRE Group, Inc., was hired by developer Howard Hughes Corps. to lease office space in downtown Columbia, Maryland. Read more about the expertise CBRE will bring to the table.
Maryland Transit Administration
- The Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport MARC stop is undergoing a 14 month, $4.7 million renovation and expansion. Check out the details of the soon-to-be improved stop.
- Emergent BioSolutions is joining the fight against the opioid crisis through the acquisition of Adapt Pharma, producer of NARCAN (naloxone HCl) Nasal Spray. Read the news release here.
- Lockheed Martin was awarded a seven-year contract worth up to more than $500 million to build and deliver electronic Consolidated Automated Support Systems (eCASS) by the U.S. Navy. eCASS provides depot level maintenance and repair capabilities for naval aircraft, ship and submarine electronics systems. Click here for more.
- The American Heart Association has recognized Kaiser Permanente as a Gold-level honoree, the top level in their Workplace Health Achievement Index. This is the third year in a row Kaiser Permanente has received accolades for taking steps to build a culture of health. Learn more about this honor.
University of Baltimore
- University of Baltimore President Kurt Schmoke was named the 2018 Lifetime Achievement Award winner by the Baltimore District Council of The Urban Land Institute. See why he received this accolade here.
- DLA Piper hosted its second annual Horizon Day Camp Carnival for children battling cancer and their siblings. For more details and pictures from the fun day click here.
- A water conservation project is underway at MedStar Harbor Hospital to add to the therapeutic environment to help with healing. Get the details on how they are going green.